Friday, July 25, 2008

Not Finished





I'm not finished with two other books, but I'm close. I started Why We're Not Emergent, but Should Be, by Kevin DeYoung and Ted Kluck, and, I told you this already, the first installment of Bob Dylan's memoir, Chronicles, Volume I.


DeYoung and Kluck do an admirable job of asserting that truth matters, in fact, they do a fine job of it. So far, what I glean as the solid premise of their book: Absolute truth claims are what distinguish orthodox Christianity from the Emergent movement.


Dylan does a similar thing, asserts that truth matters. I'm still wading through his fine prose, chocked full of metaphor.


If you are a Christian and you don't think truth matters, you might want to re-think why you call yourself one.


Go listen to Dylan sing, it'll jump-start your day, he'll wake you as he cries in the wilderness.


No comments: