Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Belated Rant

In the current political campaign for the office of the President of the United States, whatever your leanings, this much is true- it's getting dicey. Stuff is flying. Fact checkers are losing sleep. Junkies of information have had their fill, but still want more. I've got nothing to offer that I have not said already. Know your candidate. Research their record. Lastly, insist they stand for truth. I don't care what the naysayers and the cynic who lives in your (and my ) heart say about you 've got your truth and I've got mine. There is a bottom line. Truth does matter. There's no wiggling around it.

Which reminds me of a bumper sticker that really hacked me off a few years ago. It still makes me furious. It said: "Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty." This declarative statement caves in on itself. To practice is a volitional act, one, which if practiced randomly would end in senselessness, but be void of beauty. Kindness and beauty are deserving of more than the hi-jacked adjectives on this bumper sticker.

There. Rant ended.

No comments: