Monday, September 8, 2008

Stealing from the Times and Challies

I was reading a blogger I respect and admire, though I do not always agree with him, Tim Challies, a generally conservative fellow; you can find his blog here. Today he posted a piece from the New York Times on the words the speakers at both the Democratic and Republican conventions used.

The piece is a visualizing of the numbers of words used, could be reduced to "buzz words" of the political sphere; I think it interesting.

God help us as we endeavor to choose our candidate for president; by November, I am usually so tired of the rhetoric and the media's slaughter of conservative thought that I get "fed-up" as my dear mother would say. I ain't using this blog to tell you who I am voting for or that you should vote like me. What you should do is think critically, ask questions of the candidates, and compare and contrast what they are saying versus their records on the issues they prattle on about. Whatever you do, don't succumb to the "they said" (meaning Fox or CNN or NPR or CBS said it ) mantra of justification for your position on something. Let your yes be yes, and your no be no. But please vote, no matter what.

No comments: